Purpose of BIM regions...
The BIM Regions are a collaboration of specialist interest groups who will champion BIM in their respective specialist areas. Their purpose is to raise awareness of BIM, promoting a shared understanding of the value proposition and issues affecting the implementation of BIM in their respective areas of interests.
The BIM Regions will seek to develop consistency of messaging in a clear and concise manner to support both new and existing professionals in their respective BIM journeys.
Values of BIM Regions
- BIM Regions will focus on the goal of promoting BIM adoption and providing support on an industry-wide basis with no single bias to any one platform, group or company.
- BIM Regions' work will be mutually supportive and collaborative; they will share instances of best practice to benefit the greater good.
- BIM Regions will be the forum for all specialist interest groups aiming to coordinate BIM activities; they will do this by working together and pooling resources to provide an effective and practical conduit that is both knowledge-based and current
What is BIM?
- BIM is a digital representation of the functional aspects of an asset and, as appropriate, its disposal and/or recycling.
- BIM is a process for creating and measuring cooperation; it enables greater levels of collaboration and better working practices across the industry and through the supply chain
- BIM is an improved way of working; it reduces waste, mitigates risk and leads to tangible efficiency savings in both capital and operational expenditure.
- BIM is a shared knowledge centre for information about an asset and helps develop processes that cover the whole life cycle of a building or asset
Desired End Result
Instilling the adoption of BIM across the communities is as much a cultural challenge as a technical one. The BIM Regions have a vital role in facilitating culture change whilst ensuring that the industry is equipped with the skills required to take up the BIM challenge as it spreads into the digital revolution that will be a transformation for the industry.